Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UncleZ Frustrating Questions

Push50

Veteran
VIP
I have to ask! What is one of the dumbest questions that you have been asked about working out?

I work in an industry with a lot of drivers. Local sort but long hours, 12 - 16 hours days. Very sedentary jobs. All of them that know me, know that I work out. In the last three weeks I have had 6 guys come to me and ask," Why can't I see my abs, I work them 3 days a week". Now this might not be a completely stupid question, but just as a estimate, I would say that not a single one of the guys that have come to me have been less than 30% bodyfat. To me that makes this a very dumb question.

I have to ask! What is one of the dumbest questions that you have been asked about working out?

I work in an industry with a lot of drivers. Local sort but long hours, 12 - 16 hours days. Very sedentary jobs. All of them that know me, know that I work out. In the last three weeks I have had 6 guys come to me and ask," Why can't I see my abs, I work them 3 days a week". Now this might not be a completely stupid question, but just as a estimate, I would say that not a single one of the guys that have come to me have been less than 30% bodyfat. To me that makes this a very dumb question.
dude i dont believe in dumb questions

Point Taken Guys. I appreciate all of your honest opinions. Probably just my own frustration getting in the way and my method of rationalizing the situation.

I don’t consider them dumb. Just uneducated. So I try to be nice and help when I can. There is enough hate in this world as it is.

I don’t consider them dumb. Just uneducated. So I try to be nice and help when I can. There is enough hate in this world as it is.
it’s not so much that it is dumb as it is frustrating. It’s always the same guys over and over. You try to provide some positive insight on diet and workout and then you see the a week later still eating like shit and drinking a 2 ltr. of soda. Just doesn’t make sense to me. Life is about choices and if you ask for guidance the at least do a minimum of attempting to change. Show some effort.

there are plenty of things that people you work with are ignorant on besides nutrition. if you are going to waste your time trying to convert others to your view points on things seems like a waste. go back on forums to the 90's and see all the stupid info being posted. hell go on other forums right now and see all the stupidity being posted as facts. i still argue with people to this day about IIFYM for example. the restaurant and food industry pushes that myth and spends trillions on it, and believe it of course.

from what you describe i already know the viewpoints of the people you work with. i'm sure they believe a lot of bs out there and stay dumb and poor in the process. good luck trying to fight trillions of $$$ of misinformation

i've talked to dozens of guys and gals over the years off the forum who tell me they've changed their life thanks to my advice. that is what keeps me going. but in person i learned you shouldn't even bring up this subject.

Last edited:
there are plenty of things that people you work with are ignorant on besides nutrition. if you are going to waste your time trying to convert others to your view points on things seems like a waste. go back on forums to the 90's and see all the stupid info being posted. hell go on other forums right now and see all the stupidity being posted as facts. i still argue with people to this day about IIFYM for example. the restaurant and food industry pushes that myth and spends trillions on it, and believe it of course.

from what you describe i already know the viewpoints of the people you work with. i'm sure they believe a lot of bs out there and stay dumb and poor in the process. good luck trying to fight trillions of $$$ of misinformation

i've talked to dozens of guys and gals over the years off the forum who tell me they've changed their life thanks to my advice. that is what keeps me going. but in person i learned you shouldn't even bring up this subject.
Great insight brother. I have one guy that is actually listening and has changed his diet and started working out. Since he has started his wife has got on board as well. I realize that this is what I should strive four and just realign my own focus.
Thanks again

• To answer your question, it’s not about training 3 x week or 5 x week
    You need to be consistent with your Dieting to drop as much BF% your abs will start to appear
    Then apply the proper training to enhance the shape of your abs

Top Bottom